Natural and Organic Aquatic Weed Control and Controlling Duckweed
The most important step in aquatic weed control in lakes and backyard fish ponds is to fully oxygenate the bottom through CLEAN-FLO’s unique pond pump and lake aerator. Install a CLEAN-FLO pond water feature and lake aerator to precipitate up to three times as much phosphorus and nitrogen as watershed management can accomplish. This results in up to 97 percent or more phosphorus and nitrogen removal. The phosphorus and nitrogen then become food for insects and fish, resulting in improved lake fishing and pond fishing. Because the phosphorus and nitrogen go into food for fish, the aeration system produces lake and pond restoration.
Once you attain full oxygenation of the bottom of your lake or pond with a lake aeration system, the following natural water treatment chemicals and lake management products will give you optimum lake weed control and pond weed control.
Clean-Flo’s Natural Weed Control Products
Installing one of our inversion oxygenation systems along with the products below is the best way to naturally control weeds.
- Lake Cleanser Special was developed by CLEAN-FLO for duckweed control and has been found to be particularly effective in limiting phosphorus that is food for duckweed. Duckweed (looks like tiny three-leaf clover on the surface).
- Lake Care was developed for submerged aquatic weed control with the purpose of neutralizing the electrostatic charges in water and has been found particularly effective in neutralizing those charges that are utilized by submerged aquatic weeds.
- Clean & ClearTM Concentrated Enzymes is a special blend of non-toxic enzymes from nature that acts as a catalyst to biodegrade non-living organic matter and reduce available nutrients in the water, thus improving water quality for aquatic weed control and, duckweed and watermeal control.
- Lake Cleanser III was developed to remove or lock up phosphates and suspended particles from all types of water bodies for submerged weeds, duckweed and watermeal control.
- Nutrient Sponge Bind phosphorus in lakes and ponds with a short retention time for aquatic weed control, duckweed and watermeal control.
Case Study: Results of testing lakes in Florida 981kb