CLEAN-FLO Successfully Reduces Muck in Indian Lake
In 2010, a custom designed CLEAN-FLO system was installed and application of bacteria/enzymes was undertaken in Indian Lake in Michigan. Indian Lake is a 499 acre lake and the CLEAN-FLO program was put to the test in the 88 acre south bay. Lakeshore Environmental was retained by the Indian Lake Improvement Association to perform testing and evaluation of the program and the effects on muck reduction.
The report is extremely favorable! Key findings include:
- Reduction of 1.3 feet of organic sediment in the treatment area versus 0.1 foot decrease in the bacteria only area and 0.1 foot increase in the control area.
- Statistically significant shift in algal species from blue greens to green algae species. This is an important indicator that the system can “shift” the lake toward an environment that favors “good” algae versus the harmful strains that can destroy a lake.
- Statistically significant reductions in weed growth in the treatment area with a bias toward impacting the invasive species eurasian water milfoil more than the native species.
The full report from Lakeshore Environmental can be found here.
A summary presentation of the report can be found here.
If you have further questions feel free to call us at 800-328-6656 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To start the process of obtaining a free cost estimate see the links below.
- Free Cost Estimate For Your Pond/Lake Restoration
- Free Cost Estimate For Your River Restoration Project
- Free Cost Estimate For Your Reservoir Restoration Project
- Free Cost Estimate For Your Wastewater Aeration
- Free cost estimate for aquaculture aeration
C-FLO Living Organisms
C-FLO contains living micro-organisms for biodegrading organic sediment (muck). Treatment rate is one pound per surface acre of water. The product should be used at least twice in the first year, and repeated in the 2nd and 3rd years.
CLEAN & CLEAR Concentrated Enzymes
This product is a special blend of natural non-toxic enzymes that act as a catalyst to biodegrade non-living organic matter and reduce available nutrients in the water. Minimal treatment rate is one gallon per one pound of C-FLO for muck reduction.